I watch a lot of movies typically. This is a list of movies you need to see if you even think you like movies. In no particular order:
1. Valhalla Rising. Absolutely beautiful. Raw minimalist film with deep religious undertones.
2. Inception. After this Nolan can do no wrong. Technically superb thriller that’s well constructed from start to finish. I hope it isn’t spoiled for you if you’ve not seen it.
3. House of the Devil. Proof that modern horror films have hope beyond torture porn and special effects. It’s a slow burn that goes to 11.
4. Collapse. A documentary on peak oil. Look past the conspiracy or don’t, but you can’t fail to hear the powerful message on the importance of local living.
5. Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Love letter to gamers. Perfect effects. Awesome soundtrack. Hipster love story.